Consulate General in Vancouver

Frequently Asked Questions

Updated date: 29/01/2024

1) I am a Canadian passport holder and I was informed that I have to pay a tourist fee to enter Argentina.

The payment of the reciprocity fee for Canadian passport holders has been suspended as of January 1, 2018.


2) I would like to know if a vaccination certificate is required to enter Argentina.

No vaccination certificate has to be submitted, except for cholera and yellow fever for passengers coming from countries where those diseases are endemic.


3) I would like to know if my passport has to have a minimum term of validity to enter Argentina.

A valid passport is required to enter Argentina without a minimum term of validity. However, since most flights to Argentina have a stop-over in other countries, airlines require a 6-month minimum term of validity for passports. Therefore, and in order to avoid issues relating to passport validity, we suggest contacting the airline before traveling to Argentina.


4) I would like to know if foreign children (not nationals of Argentina) need a consent letter if traveling to or from Argentina without their parents.

a) Children under the age of fourteen (14) need a consent letter from their parents to enter Argentina regardless of nationality and migratory category if they are not traveling with or are not met by the person or persons exercising parental authority (either mother or father).

b) Foreign minors who are in Argentina as transient residents (for instance as tourists) do not need a consent letter from their parents to leave Argentina. Those under the age of 18 who are foreigners living in Argentina (with ID (DNI) as a foreigner living in Argentina) need a consent letter when they traveling alone or accompanied by an adult other than their parents.

The consent letter must contain the explicit indication that those authorizing the minor to travel are the parents of the child. When the consent letter is for a minor traveling unaccompanied, the letter must specify the trip destination and the details of the adult that is going to meet the minor at their final destination.

When the authorization is for a minor (under the age of 14) traveling with an adult other than their parents, the consent letter must specify the personal data (address, passport number, etc) of that adult and the place of destination.

Bilingual consent letters (English-Spanish) or an English letter then translated into Spanish by a translator are accepted. This consent letter must be made by a notary public consular district and then apostilled by Canadian authorities.

For the Canadian requirements of a consent letter for children traveling abroad visit here.


Consular fees and means of payment

Frequently Asked Questions

Legalizations and Apostille

Nationality Option

Travel Authorizations


Fondo argentino de cooperación sur-sur y triangular